Monday, February 7, 2011

The X-Prayer-iment (X is for exciting!)

For the last two Sundays I have been making announcements about a special 4 week program I plan to offer at Trinity during Lent.
This class is for anyone who has a curiosity, or desire to grow in their spiritual life. It does not matter if you are not a church member, or if you have been attending your whole life, or fall somewhere in between.

Participants will commit to attend a 90 minute class once a week for those 4 weeks. Once we know who will be in the class, we will work out the day and time.

There will be a book to follow along with, that as a reading and journal space for 6 out of 7 days of the week. The reading will guide us through a private, quiet devotional time for about ½ an hour on those days.

I will also set up an interactive blog where I will post daily reflections from my own devotional times. Class members will be able to read it, and add their insights if they wish.

Sunday Sermons during this time will connect with the class themes.

The only requirement is that you are willing to try something new, and open to the possibility of growth and transformation.

The program is in response to stirrings I have noticed, within myself, and in others I speak with, that are about taking time to slow down, to think and pray about real things, and connect or re-connect with God on a more personal level.

I feel more able to be of help in this these days, partly because I have made it higher priority in my life, and partly because of the study and training I have done in the Jubilee Program for Spiritual Formation and Direction.

I have ordered 10 copies of the book we will use.

Ten is the number of people I feel able to prayerfully support in this new adventure.

At this point, I have heard from 4 people who wish to be part of the class. That means there is still room!

Email me if you want to join the X-Prayer-iment.

minister@trinityunited.com